Every family experiences difficulties that can sometimes seem impossible to overcome. These challenges can be stressful. They often test boundaries and shake family structures.
At the same time, families are incredibly resilient and have the ability to change their negative circumstances, especially when optimized with the support of a skilled counselor. When troubles arise, Pax Family Counseling is dedicated to helping families get back on track and course correct.
As therapists, our role is to facilitate a safe space for each person to feel comfortable expressing their feelings, engage in healthy dialogue and assist in finding new ways to approach and master family difficulties.
Common areas addressed:
- Teenage struggles
- Child/parent conflict
- Parenting concerns
- Anxiety and depression
- Blended families
- Difficulty with or between adult children
- Family, school, and friendships issues
- Problem behaviors and emotional hardship
- Divorce and other life transitions
- Trauma and grief
- Defiance and power struggles
What you may gain from family counseling:
- Decrease in negative behaviors and interactions
- Improved ability to communicate effectively
- Renewed connection with your spouse and children
- Less conflict within your household, school, and social networks
- Enhanced understanding of the roles and dynamics in your family
- Ability to move toward healing from current or past traumas
- Greater knowledge and skill set to work through future family conflicts