Pax Family Counseling strives to help couples at all stages find creative solutions to entering into deeper and more fulfilling relationships. This is done by identifying negative patterns in the relationships, establishing realistic ways to solve problems, expanding emotional awareness, and finding new ways to strengthen emotional, physical, and spiritual bonds.
Interpersonal methods and Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT) are utilized when working with couples. EFT is an evidence based practice that assumes emotions can be a source of healing. Research shows that just a few sessions of EFT will reduce distress in 75% of couples, while 90% of couples will experience lasting relationship improvement.
Marriage counseling and couples counseling sessions are unique to each couple and their relationship style. Together we will work toward strengthening your connection in a way that feels comfortable for you.
Marriage Counseling & Couples Counseling
Common areas addressed:
- Communication difficulties
- Affairs and betrayal
- Criticism, blaming, contempt, and defensiveness
- Jealousy and trust issues
- Spiritual or religious experiences
- Sexual intimacy and disconnect
- Commitment issues
- Occupational or financial stress
- Extended family difficulties
- Differences in parenting
- Mental health struggles
What you may gain from Marriage Counseling & Couples Counseling
- Increased emotional and physical connection
- More effective communication
- New ways to solve problems
- Healing of infidelity or past hurts
- Compassionate understanding of the other
- Increased relational responsibility
- Strengthened attunement
- Increase of honesty and trust
- Strengthened capacity to handle future difficulties
If you find your relationship struggling in one or more of the above areas, then marriage counseling or couples counseling may be an excellent choice. Visit the Contact page today to schedule your marriage counseling or couples counseling appointment.