During our couples sessions, we combine emotions, humor, science and creativity to help partners reconnect! At Pax Family Counseling, we strive to help couples at all stages find creative solutions to enter into deeper and more fulfilling relationships. This is done by identifying the negative patterns in the relationship, expanding emotional awareness, establishing realistic ways to solve problems and finding new ways to strengthen the bonds of love emotionally, physically and spiritually.
Our therapists have specialized training to serve couples through Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT). EFT is an evidence based practice that assumes emotions can be a source of healing. Research shows that just a few sessions of EFT will reduce distress in 75% of couples, while 90% of couples will experience lasting relationship improvement.
Marriage counseling and couples counseling sessions are unique to each couple and their relationship style. Together we will work toward strengthening your connection in a way that feels comfortable for you.
Marriage Counseling & Couples Counseling
Common areas addressed:
- Communication difficulties
- Affairs and betrayal
- Criticism, blaming, contempt, and defensiveness
- Jealousy and trust issues
- Spiritual or religious experiences
- Sexual intimacy and disconnect
- Commitment issues
- Occupational or financial stress
- Extended family difficulties
- Differences in parenting
- Mental health struggles
What you may gain from Marriage Counseling & Couples Counseling
- Increased emotional and physical connection
- More effective communication
- New ways to solve problems
- Healing of infidelity or past hurts
- Increased honesty and trust
- Strengthened capacity to handle future difficulties
- United parenting approaches
- Compassionate understanding of the other
- Increased relational responsibility
- Strengthened attunement
If you find your relationship struggling in one or more of the above areas, then marriage counseling or couples counseling may be an excellent choice. Visit the Contact page today to schedule your first appointment!