Has love, sex, intimacy, and admiration become a “routine” experience? Do you ever feel like you fall into predictable ways of showing and reciveing love?
Well, you are not alone!
Most couples experience bouts of routine and dryness in their love over time. It is normal for people to fall into a routine manner of expressing love. We have routines with our jobs, with our families, with our daily schedules…so of course we are likely to experience routines in the way we love. For couples, it is important to recognize that this is normal and that we can make an effort to shift things up every once in awhile if we are open to doing so.
If you feel like you need a boost in the way you show love, this blog is for you. Check out this compilation of ways to show love through the 5 Senses and spark up that romance once again.
Loving your partner with all 5 senses
- Prepare a surprise bubble bath for your partner after a long day of work
- Schedule a massage, or practice your hand at giving your spouse a relaxing massage
- Heat up the bath towel in the dryer and have it ready for your partner
- Create a different time in the day to make love and make it a surprise
- Increase your hand holding, snuggling and closeness throughout the day
- Spend time together on a nature hike enjoying the scenery
- Comment on how beautiful, handsome or sexy your partner looks
- Watch a favorite old time movie from your childhood together
- Buy a new piece of clothing that you know your spouse will love to see you in
- Visit an art museum and share what each of you see in the pieces
- Help your partner schedule some quiet time at home
- Sing, pray, or listen to a book together
- Plan a day to enjoy some jazz music downtown or attend a concert
- Compliment your partner and talk about why you are proud of them
- Play music at home and dance together for the fun of it
- Prepare a nice meal for your spouse
- Experience new drinks and pairings at a winery or taproom
- Play “guess the taste” and sample different sweets together while blindfolded
- Set up a picnic in a park and enjoy the company of each other
- Feed each other a dessert
- Visit a nursery and purchase a new plant to add to the home
- Diffuse essential oils or light a candle to create a warmth in the home
- Buy your spouse a bouquet of flowers and surprise them
- Have a beach weekend getaway and soak up the salty air
- Wear your partner’s favorite perfume or cologne on a random day
It is okay if some of these feel cheesy, it is all in the fun! Good luck!
For more on couple stuff, check out The 5 Love Languages and Tips to Implement Them.