Emily De La Torre, M.S., LMFT, LMHC
As a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Mental Health Counselor, I serve individuals, couples, and families in Vancouver, WA.
With clients, my work goes beyond providing quick fix solutions and offering tools to change behavior. Rather, therapy is centered around uncovering the root of issues and opening up new landscapes to solving problems in order to access sustainable long term healing.
I specialize in working with couples, business owners, entrepreneurs and new parents. With couples, we will examine each person’s unique framework for love, work to heal emotional injuries and develop healthier ways connect. With business owners, counseling is approached through a lens that fully acknowledges the business imperatives that impact mental health, family wellness and career success.
Outside of the office, I spend much of my time exploring the outdoors by foot or bike, traveling with my husband and homemaking with my two daughters under toe.
Credentials & Training
- Master of Science in Counselor Education; Marital, Couple, Family Counseling (Portland State University)
- Bachelor of Science; Family Child Science (New Mexico State University)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (Washington State)
- National Board Certified Counselor
- EFT Externship in Emotion Focused Therapy with Sue Johnson Ph.D.
- Advanced training in EFT Core Skills through (PCEFT)
- Art and Science of Love (Gottman Institute)
- Certified FOCCUS facilitator for Premarital Counseling
- Sex, Attachment and Desire with Emily Nagoski, Ph.D.